Lubbock, Texas – Texas Tech’s shedding streak stretched to eight video games with a 76-61 loss to West Virginia on Wednesday at United’s Supermarkets Area.
“I’ve to make these guys play higher,” the Texas Tech coach stated Mark Adams He stated. “We now have a bunch of fine children and they’re making an attempt very arduous. All of it falls on the coach and I definitely take that accountability. They’re making an attempt arduous. They’re good children. They wish to win.”
The Purple Raiders (10-10, 0-8 Massive 12) will return to motion this weekend in opposition to LSU at 1 pm Saturday on the Maravich Middle in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The sport is a part of the Massive 12-SEC Problem and can be broadcast on ESPNU. Tech comes dwelling for a fast turnaround because it hosts No. 12 Iowa State at 8 p.m. on Monday, January 30 within the US.
WVU (12-8, 2-6 Massive 12) hosts Auburn on Saturday earlier than enjoying TCU subsequent Tuesday in Fort Value.
Kevin O’Bannor Tech led with 20 factors and eight rebounds whereas Devon Harmon added 14 factors and Robert Jennings Seven in 14 minutes off the bench. Isaac Pop He left the sport early within the second half with an ankle damage after awkwardly touchdown a 3-point effort. He had two factors and two assists in 18 minutes of play earlier than being sidelined for the remainder of the night time. Jaylon Tyson Document six and Daniel Bachchu He had 4 factors, three rebounds and three assists for the staff from the beginning lineup.
Obanor, who leads the staff with 15.0 factors per sport this season, was 7-for-13 from the sector and 5-for-5 on the free throw line. He made a three-pointer within the sport. Obanor now has 1,976 factors and 1,016 rebounds in his profession. It was the sixth time he had scored 20 or extra this season.
senior tech Firdaus imaq He didn’t play as a consequence of damage after enjoying the earlier three matches. He missed the primary 16 video games of the season as a consequence of a foot damage. It’s listed as every day.
WVU’s Joe Toussaint had a game-high 22 factors after hitting 4 pictures from the sector and 12-for-14 on the free throw line. Eric Stephenson was 9 of 11 on the road and completed with 16 factors. The Mountaineers have been 28-of-35 on the free throw line on the night time whereas Tech went 16-for-23.
The Purple Raiders completed the sport capturing 21-for-54 (38.9 p.c) from the sector and have been 3-for-20 on 3-pointers. WVU made 10 three-pointers.
Tech rebounded by margins of 44-27 and 50-15 off the bench.
WVU led 33-28 at halftime after taking a 6-0 result in shut out the half as there have been seven key modifications. O’Bannor led Tech with 11 factors and 4 rebounds, whereas Harmon had seven factors. WVU hit six three-pointers within the half whereas the Purple Raiders have been 1-for-7 from exterior the arc. Toussaint led the Mountaineers off the bench with eight factors, together with two 3-pointers. Tech had constructed a 15-5 lead early on to realize a double-digit lead earlier than falling behind by 5 at halftime.
The Purple Raiders have now misplaced 4 straight dwelling video games after their 29-game dwelling profitable streak ended in opposition to Kansas of their first convention sport of the season. They’ve now had dwelling losses in opposition to the Jayhawks, Oklahoma Metropolis, Baylor and Mountaineers after going 9-0 within the Massive 12 at dwelling final season.
- WVU received by tip however did not rating… Tech took a 2-0 lead on Obanor’s layup that Isaacs assisted on its first possession
- Tech began the sport on an 8-0 run with Obanor scoring the primary six earlier than Harmon’s quick layup… WVU was 0-for-6 from the sector to begin the sport (0-for-4 in 3 seconds) earlier than Matthews’ layup. Placing it up 8-2 Tech in its first media timeout – WVU had 5 turnovers within the first 5 minutes of the sport
- Tech took a 15-5 lead on Tyson’s layup play for the primary double-digit lead of the sport… The Purple Raiders began the sport 6-for-10 from the sector
- Obanor scored 11 factors with a go from Pacho to present Tech an 18-12 lead (9:24)… He began the capturing sport 4-for-7 for double figures
- Walton hit Tech’s first 3-pointer, giving the Purple Raiders a 21-15 lead with 8 minutes left within the first half… Tech was 1-for-4 in 3 seconds after the shot – Walton’s first shot of the sport
- WVU was on a 7-0 run and led 22-21 after hitting 4 consecutive free throws, together with coming off a technical foul on Walton
- Harmon stopped the run with two free throws, giving Tech a 23-22 lead with 4:15 left till halftime…. Harmon scored 4 factors and Tech was 6-for-7 on the objective line after capturing
- WVU took a 33-28 lead on a 3-pointer by Mitchell to increase the lead 6-0… The Mountaineers have been 6-for-20 in 3s after the snapshot and Tech was 1-for-7 in 3s at that time
- Obanor scored Tech’s first basket of the second interval, bringing Tech’s result in 34-30…. He had 13 factors after the basket
- Isaac scores his first factors on a runner within the lane to make it 38-33 4 minutes into the second interval… Isaac misses 3 and sprains his ankle on the following possession
- A pair of free throws from Obanor lower the WVU result in 42-39 with 13:30 to play… Obanor had 15 factors and was 5-for-5 on the road after the free throws
- Obanor hit his first 3-pointer of the sport to present it 18 factors and lower WVU’s result in 49-47 with 10:25 to play… Tech was 2-for-13 on 3-pointers whereas WVU had 9 factors at that time
- WVU took a 61-50 lead on a pair of Toussaint free throws with 6:09 to play… WVU was 21 of 26 on the road after making it a 6-0 stretch
- Pacho would cease the run by going into the lane to cease the ball and foul… he made the free throw to chop it to 61-53 with 5:12 to play
- Harmon walked the layup to chop WVU’s result in 65-56 with 2:40 remaining… Harmon had 14 factors on 5-of-9 capturing after the basket that made it a 9-point sport
Finalist: TTU 61, WVU 76 pic.twitter.com/aDVkNdxDUz
– Texas Tech Basketball (TexasTechMBB) January 26, 2023
#RECAP #WVU #leads #know-how #prolong #shedding #streak